Want more leads from social media? Look no further than SlideShare. As content marketing continues to evolve as the dominant strategy for engaging online audiences, content-based social channels, especially visually based content channels such as SlideShare, are becoming increasingly more important for B2B marketers. So important in fact that LinkedIn (the social hub for all professionals) decided to acquire SlideShare. Don’t know where to start? We’ve got our top ten best practices for using Slideshare for B2B marketing efforts.
So who’s on SlideShare, and why do they matter for B2B marketers? According to data collected by ComScore, SlideShare has five times more traffic from business owners and executives than Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn. With a monthly audience of over 60 million, it’s also predominantly used by professionals conducting research at work, making it ripe for B2B marketers looking to connect with the right audience to generate leads.
What makes SlideShare different from other networks is not strictly its audience, but also its format. As a document hosting service, SlideShare allows you to integrate images, words, and interactive media to showcase PDF, PowerPoint, and video presentations. Because of its integrated format, SlideShare content is prioritized over other types of content by search engines, making it a highly desirable channel for SEO.
As you develop your SlideShare strategy, be sure to pay attention to these best practices to get the most out of this valuable channel.
- Drive Traffic Home – Create links to your website in your content, description, and social profiles with clear calls to action.
- Optimize for SEO – Use keywords, descriptions, and tags to maximize the SEO results of your content.
- Share – Cross-promote your presentation through email, blog posts, and social networks to help your content spread virally.
- Embed – Each time you or someone else embeds your presentation it serves an inbound link to support your SEO objectives. Integrate SlideShare whenever possible in your communications and promotions.
- Use Lead Capture Forms – Generate leads from your presentation by turning on the forms feature. Lead capture forms require users to provide contact information before they save and download your presentation.
- Engage – Follow other influencers and comment, download, share, and mark as favorite their content, and they might repay the favor. Use the social networking functionality of SlideShare to cultivate a community around your content.
- Keep it Short – Content consumers prefer information that is easily digestible. The average SlideShare presentation has 19 slides.
- Tell A Story – When people listen to stories. their brains actually mirror that of the storyteller, cultivating understanding and empathy. Busy professionals on information overload need stories to stay engaged. Make sure that your slides follow a logical sequence with a beginning, middle, and end. Make your content powerful, and deliver it dynamically.
- Repurpose – Use existing white papers, case studies, webinars, and other engaging marketing materials to build SlideShare assets.
- Measure – Analyze analytics to understand and optimize your SlideShare presence. Track views, engagement, downloads, and social sharing to understand visitor behavior.
Following these simple steps for SlideShare success, you can effectively build your brand, generate new leads, drive website traffic, and engage your audience in an interactive way that will keep them coming back for more.