Last updated: September 19, 2018
Yesler, we, and us refers to Yesler, Inc. and any of our affiliates.
If you do not accept this Policy, you should not access or use our website or interact with any other aspect of our business.
At Yesler, we are committed to treating personal information appropriately and with care. We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained. We have included information below to help you learn about how we use the information collected on our website.
Data we collect
Legal basis for processing personal data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your personal data for the following reasons:
- You have given us permission to do so
- We need to perform a contract with you
- Processing it is in our legitimate interest and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
We obtain your personal data when you provide such information during various interactions, including:
- Visiting our website
- Submitting a job application on our website
- Communicating with us via telephone or email
- Engaging with our content via social media
- Participating in events or promotions
We also may obtain personal information about you from our business partners, clients, and other third parties.
When visiting our website, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you, including but not limited to your:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number
- Email address
We may use your personal data to contact you, or send you marketing newsletters, promotional materials, or other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any of these communications by following the instructions and/or unsubscribe links provided in all our emails, or by contacting us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We may also collect information on how you access and use our website, which may include information such as:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your browser type, operating system, and unique device identifiers, including mobile devices;
- The web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to our website;
- The search terms that you use to reach our website;
- The date and time of your visit to our website;
- The geographic location from which you are browsing;
- The pages you visit, navigation patterns, and the time spent on those pages;
- Social actions taken with respect to the content on the site, including but not limited to likes, comments, and shares on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and
- Interactions with advertisements, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad.
Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our website.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent by changing the settings on the browser of your choice.
Our sites use the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Essential cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Preference and functionality cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use our site, such as remembering your language preferences and remembering your login details. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our site.
- Analytics and performance cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. We use this information to help operate our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our website.
Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.com.uk.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Yesler aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your personal data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update, or delete the information we have about you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update, or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable, and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Yesler relied on your consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to be informed what personal data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, please contact your local Data Protection Authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
How we use your data
We aggregate and analyze the data we collect for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our website;
- To estimate usage numbers, patterns, and other valuable information that enables us to improve the website;
- To detect, prevent, and address technical issues;
- To measure the success of our marketing campaigns;
- To process and consider your job application;
- To provide customer feedback, support, and responses to your inquiries about our services;
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys about your experience with our website or services, to the extent that you choose to participate;
- To store information about your preferences and customize or personalize your experience on our websites according to your individual interests, including recognizing you when you return to our website, and
- To provide you with news, special offers, and general information about other goods, services, and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Retention of your data
We will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may request that we delete your data at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be deleted within 30 days of your request, if not sooner.
If you provide your personal data to us again in the future, you will be required to provide new consent for us to process your data.
Disclosure of your data
We will not share, sell, or otherwise distribute your personal data to any third parties without your permission.
Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities such as a court or government agency. Yesler may also need to disclose personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and the defend the rights or property of Yesler, Inc.
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with our website
- Protect the personal safety of users of our website
- Protect against legal liability
If you participate in certain features of this website (e.g., sharing content on social media sites or submitting comments), please note that any information you voluntarily disclose through use of these features becomes available to the public and/or to other users whom you have designated.
Storage and transfer of your data
If processed data related to European Union citizens is breached, we will notify you immediately. We will also document any personal data breaches related to European Union citizens, comprising the facts relating to the personal data breach, its effects, and the remedial action taken. This documentation will enable the supervisory authority to verify compliance with GDPR.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate marketing initiatives on our behalf, or to perform services or to assist us in analyzing how our website is used.
These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our website.
Advertising & Remarketing
- Google AdWords: Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads.Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser. The Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950To opt out of Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the United States, http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada, http://youradchoices.ca/,the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt out using your mobile device settings.For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Links to other websites
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your children have provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that information from our servers.
506 Second Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104